Creative. Writer. Entrepreneur. These are all great ways to describe Ethno Brands Co-Founder Troy Jones. A former advertising executive who worked creatively on global brands including Budweiser, McDonald’s, Coca Cola, Verizon, GM, and countless others, Troy always knew following the path to entrepreneurship was the life for him. Starting in 1999, Troy took his first blind leap of faith and started Ethno Images. At the time Ethno Images was the very first multicultural stock photography agency in the country. Troy along with his business partner and wife T.Lynn Jones grew the company beyond expectations. “This was a very exciting time for us and the beginning of the Ethno Brand. Being one of the pioneers in the multicultural stock photography industry really opened my eye’s into what it took to grow a brand from nothing to something,” states Troy Jones. After years of running Ethno Images and seeing the emergence of royalty free images into the marketplace, the demand for rights managed images declined so he did what most great innovators do… EVOLVE. Troy, then created a number of brands and start-ups that soon defined Ethno Brands as a full pledge urban multimedia company.
1. Illusive Creations, a music house that specializes in urban music tracks for TV and radio commercials.
2. Ethno Entertainment, a digital label for recording artists.
3. Chattaboom®, the very first music application that allows users to communicate their moods with the hooks of artist’s songs. (currently over 6 million major and emerging artists songs in database)
4. Breakmysong.com, social music website that allows DJ’s and artist’s to connect and become a label of two.
5. Ethno Advertising, an advertising and marketing agency with emphasis on the urban consumer.
6. Ethno Nightlife, an online community for taste makers. Ethno Nightlife engages urban consumers, celebrities, and brands through social entertainment. Created alongside Ethno Brands president and Ethno Nightlife visionary Tyrin Ford. Ethno Nightlife is fast becoming the resource of choice for businesses seeking to engage through social entertainment.
These brands now make up the Ethno Multimedia Group and the reason why Ethno Brands Inc, should remain on all of our radars. In parting words Troy Jones states, “I encourage all those that dream of starting their own business to follow what your heart, mind, and gut tells you. Do what you love and everything else will follow. Some days are definitely tougher than others, but in the words of my mother… NOTHING COMES TO A SLEEPER, BUT A DREAM.”
The Man Behind The Ethno Brands,